There’s no learning curve when it comes to designing, building or renovating facilities for clients in the K-12 and higher education spaces.
While it’s always a good idea to build when school is not in session, it isn’t always possible. Our integrated team has experience in safely working within occupied campuses, including additional precautions when overseeing the expansion of the Florida School for the Deaf and Blind. Collaborating with other Stellar disciplines, we help ensure on-campus construction is completed efficiently by identifying and procuring long-lead items early on.
Ahead of the class in K-12
We use best practices in design and materials to deliver what our K-12 facility clients need:
- Low initial and operating costs with ROI analyses for sustainable materials
- 45-degree walls to prevent places where students can hide or be cornered
- Durable and low-maintenance materials for frequent washdowns and easy cleaning
- Types of meals and methods of meal preparation to drive kitchen and cafeteria layouts
- State-of-the-art technology for computer labs and performing arts centers
High marks in higher education
Colleges and universities may technically be institutions, but they want their campuses to look like anything but. These buildings should leave a lasting impression on their students and visitors, but little to none on the environment.
College campuses are much more than classrooms. In addition to sustainable buildings, our experience includes:
- A cadaver lab with specialized equipment and sanitary requirements
- Charging stations for laptops both inside and outside of the classrooms
- Specialty hardware that allows teachers to lock down their classrooms for safety reasons
- A dental clinic, mock operating rooms, exam rooms, procedure rooms, and medical equipment
- Therapy pools, state-of-the-art fitness centers and other amenities — some that are used as recruitment tools for on-campus housing
- Flexible spaces that can convert from a large auditorium into four partitioned rooms
- Full-service restaurants and eateries
In addition to building or expanding facilities, our experts can also perform energy optimization assessments to help colleges and universities significantly reduce their utility costs.