The industry leader in ammonia refrigeration systems, Stellar has more than 230 self-performing professionals solely focused on ammonia refrigeration. Originally founded in 1985 as an industrial ammonia refrigeration company, Stellar’s expertise in ammonia refrigeration is unparalleled. Our teams have engineered, fabricated, installed and serviced more than 1,000 ammonia refrigeration systems at plants across the world while meeting stringent safety regulations.
Food processors, beverage companies, cold storage, chemical and pharmaceutical companies have relied on ammonia refrigeration systems for decades due to ammonia’s unmatched thermodynamic properties. This unmatched thermodynamic efficiency can reduce energy and operational costs by 3 to 10 percent versus a comparable fluorinated gas system.
With fluorinated gas regulation driving the industry toward environmentally safe refrigerant alternatives, ammonia’s natural properties — including an ozone depletion potential (ODP) rating of zero and a global warming potential (GWP) rating of zero — make the refrigerant ever-more popular.
Stellar's undisputed ammonia refrigeration expertise includes:
- 1,000+ installations over three decades
- Experts in condensation control and air balance
- Installed systems with up to 42,000 tons of refrigeration in a single system
- More than 230 designers, engineers, installers and service experts
- Engineered and installed the world’s largest CO2/ammonia cascade system
Ammonia Refrigeration System Engineering & Design
Stellar is the recognized industry leader in the design and engineering of ammonia refrigeration systems. Our in-house ammonia refrigeration engineers, designers and contracting field specialists work closely with other Stellar disciplines to deliver innovative and energy-efficient systems that exceed client expectations. Our unparalleled ammonia refrigeration engineering and design services include:
Ammonia Refrigeration Packaged Equipment
Stellar manufactures standard and custom ammonia refrigeration packages, including modular designs for use inside a machine room or with their own enclosure:
- Ammonia chillers
- Water or glycol chillers 150-1500 TR
- High-efficiency industrial grade equipment
- Cold storage packages
- Designed specifically for the cold storage industry, these packages can support an entire facility
- Available for ammonia or CO2 evaporators
Ammonia Refrigeration Fabrication & Installation
Stellar’s experts can field-install and then commission your ammonia system in virtually any location in the world. To support field installations, we prefabricate systems in our state-of-the-art fabrication facilities, performing work offsite to achieve the highest quality and efficiency. Our 40 full-time welders are ASME certified and trained in Stellar’s strict quality-control procedures to ensure work is correctly executed.
- Field installations
- System renovations
- Custom fabrication
- Prefabrication to support field installations
Ammonia Refrigeration Service & Parts
Stellar serves your ammonia refrigeration parts and service needs from 46 strategic locations throughout the country:
- Parts for a wide range of ammonia refrigeration compressors including reciprocating, screw, rotary vane and centrifugal
- Ammonia refrigeration compressor rebuild, remanufacturing and installation
- Parts for a wide range of compressor brands including; Danfoss, Frick, Vilter and others
- Parts and service for ammonia refrigerant pumps
- Evaporative and dry condensers for ammonia systems
- Ammonia evaporators including Evapco, Krack, Vilter, Frick, Imeco and more
Ammonia Refrigeration Process Safety Management (PSM) Regulatory Compliance Software
With unparalleled expertise in ammonia refrigeration, Stellar is your single-source solution for compliance with EPA, OSHA and Homeland Security requirements. We offer a digital PSM service: a secure, Internet-based solution for ammonia compliance, maintenance and training, as well as daily operational activities.